Friday, August 16, 2013

First real email

Meeting up with the neighborhood boys!
Brock, on the Sunday walk up to the temple

With Elder Dallin Bosco (be sure to show this to Brady)

With Elder Ty Jaros, shortly before he flew off to Tennessee.

They call this guy the tennis God, he's signed to play at Utah State after the mission.



Sorry I haven't had too much time to write, things are kind of crazy up here and I'm trying to write everyone that writes me back and there's really not too much time.. It sounds like everything is going well up there, I'm really glad to hear that! Yeah we heard Elder Scott talk on prayer and that was really good.  I saw Ryan and a bunch of guys out on the temple walk on Sunday, that's when I see a lot of people!  The MTC is still going really well, and its nice because Elder Landgrun is in my room, and he's gonna run track at Utah State, so we go on runs, and lift and work out together all the time and he is keeping me in shape.  I still love serving with Kaleb, we have a lot of fun!  I really think I have the best district ever! We have so much fun, but we still know when to be spiritual, and as coach Boone would say "that's a fine line" haha. We get to play basketball everyday and that's extremely nice, its probably the best stress reliever ever!

And I love getting the dear elders, thanks a lot for sending them! and thanks for the score bars, it was really nice to get those, and a lot of people loved them! We honestly have so much food in our room its unreal! If I didn't have Landgrun with me I'd probably be getting fat ha.  Its nice, I see Brock everyday, but he leaves next Wednesday so that kinda sucks.  But I really do love it up here, its pretty peaceful because they honestly take care of everything for you, and all you have to worry about is the gospel.  It does get overwhelming at times, but I just work out when that happens and its all good.  I love studying the scriptures and having some quiet study time.  That sounds weird, but it really is nice.

Really the only tough thing is the language.  Its pretty tough, but its definitely coming along, and I can pray and say my testimony and everything in Portuguese.  We aren't in class with anyone going to Brazil because our Portuguese is different, but ours is a lot better haha.  We're in the same hall, so we always make jokes about them speaking the 2nd best Portuguese in the world haha.  Its cool because Elder Drawe is on our class floor, so we see him everyday.  Also, Koy Huxford’s cousin Braze is going to Brazil, and we see each other everyday and talk.  We were right next door with Elder Riley Gates for a little while, so me and Caplin talked to him every night, and that was nice.  he’s actually a pretty cool kid.

I won't lie, there are amazingly cute sisters everywhere..  And that's not good, but its not the worst thing ever either.  You would think it would be really crowded in our room, but its really not too bad.  Everyone has good hygiene and the room stays pretty clean.  And we all get along and love each other so its really not too bad, I really do love everyone in here! but the language is definitely the challenge

I'm sleepin good, and going to the temple today

 E Igleja e verderaro!  Chio!

 Thanks so much for everything, especially doing my laundry the last 18 years, I did it today, and it was awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment