Monday, February 24, 2014

President visits the new Achada Grande Ward and Building!!

President Oliveria visits the new Achada Grande Ward and Building!
Achada Grande Ward!!
This week was a pretty good one. We had a baptism, and everyone in the district had one, for the third week in a row, which is super good.  The work in really progressing, and Achada Traz is sweet!  Church was good, we didn't get too many people there, and we need to find more people with desire, but we're gonna do that a bunch this week.  I'm stoked. But President Oliviera came to our sacrament meeting.  Just because we are using the new chapel, and we are a ward and he wanted to see how everything was going. I think he posted some pictures on the mission Facebook
 page about it.


Our baptism's name is Alaida. She is 18 and she is the best.  She is Dorecy's best friend. Dorecy was our baptism from a couple weeks back, now she is a sweet member.  Dorecy gave us a ton of references that are pretty golden.  Alaida is sweet, and she read the Book of Mormon, and prepared well.  Its such a good feeling to see people progress and change!  

This week I also did a division with Achada Mato.  I hung out with Elder Pau in my area, and we both learned a bunch.  I love teaching with new missionaries, because they teach super simply, and it helps remind me how simply we really can teach.  He is a stud, and I loved spending time with him.  He is a Tongan, which by trade means he is always hungry, so we kinda ate a lot.  And it was sweet.  He also bought a basketball because he wanted to play, so we have been playing a little bit in the mornings, and that's super good.
  
We also had a goofy experience this week. So I was at the Dauga, which is the farthest east out area goes.  And we were teaching a lesson when secret agent Fonseca called. (His named in Brother Fonseca, he was an A.P. missionary here, but now he is off his mission, and is the elders quorum president in our ward.) So he called and told me that Sister Olivera was in Achada Traz to look at our new house.  (We are geting a house in Achada Traz because we keep getting robbed in the path to Achada Traz) But the house was on the other side of Achada Traz, over by Norberto's house.  He said that we better get there quick because Sister Oliviera wasn't gonna wait on us.  Which makes sense, they are the busiest people in the country. So we ended the lesson super fast, and took off in a dead run across Achada Traz.  We ran from one side, to the other side of Achada Traz, in our church clothes.  It was crazy.  So we show up to talk to Sister Oliviera, all sweaty, and trying to catch our breathe.  It was super funny, and strange.  We should move into that house at some point in the near future.  

The other sweet thing that happened this week was that I had the chance to do a division with Elder Bruce, the A.P.  It was the day that I had to do interviews, so we just walked around for a while. But we talked a bunch, and I learned a ton of stuff.  He is seriously possibly the best missionary in the world, and it was great getting to spend time with him.
 
It's good serving with Elder Amado, he helps me with the language a ton.
  
We also had a good district meeting. I gave a training on inviting people.  I prepared it with Elder Bruce, and it was super nice to have his help. We talked about separating the baptism question from the rest of the lesson.  Because sometimes when I teach, I just get so excited because we have this message that everyone needs, and I just get to excited. And he told me he had that problem, and he still teaches with energy, he just learned to channel that into the spirit when he asks questions like that.  It was super good, and I tried to share that message with our district.
  
This transfer will be one week longer because the flights are messed up.  But that's just life in Cape Verde!  I hope I stay, but we will see what happens. I Love my area, and I am in the best mission in the world! Thank you all so much for everything you have done to help me get out here! 

Much Love, Elder Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment